THINGS YOU WANT TO KNOW
- What is FUEL-UP by Kcal?
FUEL-UP by Kcal is a healthy food company dedicated to providing wholesome, simple and fresh meals that help those of you who are serious about results! FUEL-UP by Kcal’s fresh food offering drives the performance and muscle building needs of athletes, physique competitors, weekend warriors and fitness-focused individuals that take their nutrition seriously. FUEL-UP by Kcal removes all the prep work, making it easy to eat clean and healthy – all the time!
- What is the price?
We do not have set prices. Prices are determined on the dish you build. The minimum price is around AED 26 and go as high as AED 100 depending on the protein and portion size you select.
- How do I order?
Ordering is easy! Just click on “Order Fuel”. Select either set or build meals, the number of deliveries and when you want it delivered. Minimum order is AED 150 per delivery.
- What are my payment options?
At this time, FUEL-UP by Kcal only accepts online payments.
- Where does FUEL-UP by Kcal deliver?
We currently deliver in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and Al Ain. More cities to be added soon.
- What is the minimum amount of meals that I have to order for a delivery?
The minimum order is AED 150.
- Who makes the meals?
A team of trained professional Fuel Up by Kcal chefs make all meals, with the assistance of kitchen personnel who have all have been trained in food safety and are certified by the DHA.
- Where is the commercial kitchen?
Our state-of-the-art FUEL-UP by Kcal kitchen is located in DIP.
- Do you use any preservatives?
No, we do not use any preservatives in our meals. All of our food is cooked fresh to order. We do not freeze any food whatsoever for use on a later date; we don’t believe in leftovers. We receive shipments of fresh ingredients on a daily basis to ensure you get the freshest meals possible.
- Can I change my delivery address?
Yes. You may change your address by simply calling 04 434 4111 or our Customer Care line at 052 105 3663.
- Is my food frozen?
No food is ever frozen. All food is made fresh the day of delivery.
- What do you use to keep the food fresh?
We use Dry Ice to keep our Fuel Up food fresh for longer hours. Dry Ice is frozen carbon dioxide, a normal part of our earth’s atmosphere. It is the gas that we exhale during breathing and the gas that plants use in photosynthesis. It is also the same gas commonly added to water to make soda. This gas is often captured during industrial processes and recycled to make Dry Ice.
- What are the delivery charges?
For order above AED 250 delivery is FREE. For orders below AED 250 a charge of AED 30 is added per delivery.
- How can I contact you?
You can call us at 04 – 434 4111 or our Customer Care line at 052 105 3663 or email us at [email protected] . Our working hours are Sunday – Thursday, 9am to 5pm.
- How is the meal chilled?
We package your meals in polystyrene boxes, which are delivered to you in a chilled van according to the rules and regulations set by the Dubai Municipality.
- What is the turnaround time for my order?
Orders usually take 2-3 business days to process and deliver.
- What is the shelf life of each meal?
Meals can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 72hours upon delivery.
- Where can I find the nutritional information for my meals?
Once you select a meal the macronutrient content for that meal will appear. The numbers will automatically adjust if you begin changing certain items.
- Is the nutritional information accurate?
The nutritional information is according to set values calculated using standardized nutritional software.
- How do I re-heat my meals?
Open container, and leave lid on top loosely. How long you reheat the food is up to you. Customers have told us that they enjoy the taste of the food best when heated at 2 – 3mins in the microwave. TheFuel Up food containers are microwave safe.
- I am a retailer or gym owner. Can FUEL UP by Kcal provide me with meals to sell in my store or gym?
Yes. We currently work with many retailers and gyms throughout Dubai. Please contact us at [email protected] for further information and pricing.
- Can I freeze my meals?
We do not recommend to freeze meals, when you receive your meals you can store/freeze it for 3 months.
- I am a professional athlete, competitor and/or mixed martial artist. How can i be part of the Fuel Up by Kcal team?
We receive many inquires a day and sponsorships are limited. Please email [email protected] for more information.
- What if I live in an apartment or security building?
If you live in an apartment, or building with security entrance, we will need access to your front door in order to make the delivery. Please contact the security to ensure access, or appropriate code or key is provided in order to gain entry or we will deliver to security as per your instructions.
- What is the Cancellation & Refund policy?
- Cancellation refund is only under extenuating circumstance and upon approval of Fuel up Management. Cancellation fee will apply to the original price with all discounts forfeited.
- Request to cancel should be given before 3 business days. Client can get an online credit in his account and utilize it on his/her future orders.
- Fuel Up encourages all clients to fully commit on their meals ordered. Any reason that can hinder results and overall satisfaction must be brought to the Fuel Up team. Send an email to [email protected]
- Can I get vegetarian or vegan meals?
We currently do not provide vegetarian options for protein sources.
- I have several food allergies; can accommodations be made?
Since you select your own meals it is up to the individual to select meals that do not contain allergens or ingredients they may be allergic too.