Terms and conditions
- ‘Fuel-Up by Kcal’ refers to the meal prep and supplements service provider.
- ‘Meal prep’ as used in the terms and conditions below refers to the main product and service purchased by the customer from Fuel-Up by Kcal.
- ‘Meal prep’ also refers to the copy of the dishes provided to the client they will receive for the duration of their subscription either on email or online.
- ‘Transformation Consultants’ refers to the client’s designated account manager. They will be points of contact to assist the client with any concerns, requests, changes and complaints.
- ‘Pause days’ are the number of days a client can put their meal plan on hold (i.e. holidays, travelling, Ramadan).
- ‘Chiller bag’ refers to the portable insulated bag that carries all meals for the day (i.e. monthly meal prep).
- ‘Styrofoam Box’ refers to the box that carries the meal prep for 2-3 days (single and weekly orders)
- ‘Cut Off’ is the set time to finalize any requests or changes on the meal plan.
- ‘Macros/Macronutrients’ used in Fuel-Up by Kcal refer to the amount of fat, carbohydrates and proteins in grams.
- All clients who have completed the online signup process are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
- Fuel-Up by Kcal reserves the right to refuse meal prep service to a client under the following circumstances:
- Clients with medical conditions or health risks such as but not limited to pregnancy, Type 1 Diabetes, heart disease, ulcers, colitis, inflammatory bowel and/or Crohn’s disease or any other medical conditions. Fuel-Up by Kcal does not intend to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Therefore, the company and its affiliates do not take any responsibility and are not liable for any adverse outcome of the meal prep for clients with medical conditions. We recommend seeking your physician’s advice at all times regarding your medical condition or any other health-related issues before signing up for our services.
- Clients with severe gluten allergies or celiac disease. While the Fuel-Up by Kcal kitchen does not have a dedicated gluten-free section, the entire team is well trained to ensure the separation of ingredients high in gluten from those that are gluten-free to reduce the risk for customers with gluten intolerance and celiac disease.
- Dislike and/or allergies to cooked onions.
- Dislike and/or allergies to gluten, dairy, eggs and nuts.
- Clients with specific dietary requirements. Fuel-Up by Kcal will not be able to accommodate diets outside of its meal prep guidelines and policies
- Fuel-Up by Kcal reserves the right to send emails and SMS communications to all clients unless they unsubscribe or make a request to unsubscribe.
- Fuel-Up by Kcal reserves the right to update or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
PAYMENTS, PRICES, FEES
- All payments must be received in full within 3 business days before 2pm before starting or renewing a meal prep service in order to ensure a timely delivery.
- A refundable deposit of AED 200 is required for all clients subscribing to a monthly service for the ice packs used in the Chiller Bags and ice packs used for delivery before the start of their plan.
- Fuel-Up by Kcal only accepts online payments.
- When a client makes a payment for our products or services on our website, the details they are asked to submit will be shared directly with our payment providers via a secured connection.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction details for their records and familiarize themselves with the payment providers’ policies and rules.
- In order for any changes to take effect, additional payments must be made within 3 business days (before 2pm) of the request date.
- For more information, please call 800 383 587 or email us at [email protected].
- We deliver across major cities in the UAE, except Fujairah and selected ‘out of town’ areas.
- For single and weekly orders, the minimum order is AED 150.
- Orders above AED 250 qualify for FREE delivery. For orders below AED 250, a fee of AED 32 is added per delivery.
- There are three delivery window options for meal prep: 4am – 6am, 6am – 8am and 8am – 10am. We aim to deliver within the time windows outlined above; specific delivery times must be approved beforehand. Slots are assigned based on delivery areas.
- For monthly prep, we offer the option of signing up for evening delivery (before the day of consumption). The delivery window options are 4pm – 6pm, 6pm – 8pm and 8pm – 10pm. Slots are assigned based on delivery areas (applicable only for Dubai and Abu Dhabi).
- Delivery timings for supplements will be scheduled via our logistics partner.
- If your address requires us to access secure parts of your home or building for on-time deliver your Fuel, please mention all the details in the address section.
- Please keep informed of any changes that might affect our ability to deliver to you. If we cannot access your building due to changes we haven’t been notified of, we will contact you to make other arrangements.
- If we cannot deliver due to changes we are unaware of, we reserve the right to charge you for unsuccessful deliveries.
- Any changes to the client’s delivery—be it location or timings—must be made 3 business days in advance. Any last-minute changes are subject to confirmation from the transformation consultant.
- There may be a situation when you are unavailable to receive/return your chiller bag and leave it outside the door for collection. In case a bag is left unattended, Fuel-Up by Kcal cannot be held responsible for any missing items, bags or damages to the bag and the food inside (including spoilage).
- Fuel-Up by Kcal will NOT deal with or provide any services or products to any OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions as per UAE law directives.
- Multiple transactions may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
MONTHLY PREP & REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
- A chiller bag deposit for AED 200 is refundable at the end of the plan. If a bag is lost or damaged AED 100 per bag will be deducted from the deposit.
- Chiller bags and ice packs must be returned to Fuel Up within 180 days (6 months) of the subscription ending; this can be done by scheduling a collection through contacting the designated transformation consultant. Failure to comply with this may result in an automatic forfeiture of the AED 200 refundable deposit.
- Each client is assigned with a set number of chiller bags and ice packs: 3 bags maximum. In the event that all the bags have been used and are not returned, the following day’s delivery will be sent in a Styrofoam box.
- The food is delivered in a chiller bag with icepacks for monthly preps to ensure safety.
- Customers have to make sure all meals are immediately put in the refrigerator.
- The chiller bag deposit of AED 200 is refundable at the end of your subscription. If a bag is lost or damaged, a fee of AED 100 per bag will be deducted from the deposit.
- Chiller bags and ice packs must be returned to Fuel-Up by Kcal within 180 days (6 months) of the subscription ending. This can be done by scheduling a collection through contacting your designated transformation consultant. Failure to comply with this may result in an automatic forfeiture of the deposit.
SINGLE & WEEKLY ORDERS
- For single and weekly orders, Fuel is delivered in a health-certified Styrofoam container, complete with dry ice for added safety.
- Upon receiving your Fuel, please ensure it is refrigerated at 5°C or below. Follow the instructions on the label to reheat your meal.
- The Styrofoam box is cooled with dry ice which is safely protected. Usually, the dry ice will sublimate by the time the food reaches you.
- In case the ice is still solid, please do not touch it without wearing gloves first.
- If you would like to get rid of the dry ice, please leave it outside or in a bucket of water in a well-ventilated area for it to quickly evaporate.
- Cooking and reheating instructions must be followed carefully. Please ensure that reheated food is hot throughout. Most menu items can be reheated within 2 to 3 minutes.
FREEZES, SUBSTITUTES & OTHER MEAL PLAN CHANGES
- All freeze requests and meal substitutes must be made 3 business days in advance by contacting the assigned transformation consultant or by sending an email to [email protected] (before 2 pm).
- Meal prep delivery can be frozen for a maximum of 60 days unless specified otherwise in the terms and conditions for an availed promotion.
- Should the prep freeze exceed 60 days, the client will forfeit the remainder of the plan.
- Any freeze requests submitted with less than 3 business days’ notice will not be carried forward. These days will count towards your total plan days, but no delivery will be made.
FOOD ALLERGY DISCLAIMER
- Please note that our facility uses ingredients that contain nuts or nut oil, dairy, gluten, eggs and fish to create meal prep.
- If you have any food allergies, please refrain from eating our products. Fuel-Up by Kcal makes every attempt to identify ingredients that may cause allergic reactions for those with specific food intolerances. Every effort is made to instruct our food production staff on the severity of these allergies.
- Additionally, you can choose to exclude items that we have identified as possible allergen-containing ingredients; however, there is always a risk of contamination. It is also possible that manufacturers of the commercial ingredients we use change the formulation at any time without notice. Customers will severe food allergies should always be aware of this risk.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
- In case you make a request to cancel your meal prep, it will take 3 business days to implement the cancellation. You can also transfer the remaining the days to Kcal Meal Plans, should you wish to do so.
- Refunds will only be made through the original mode of payment. Please allow up to 2 weeks processing time for refunds and cancellations to reflect on your account.
- Please note that refunds and/or cancellations are possible only under extenuating circumstances and are subject to prior approval from the management.
- A 20% cancellation fee will apply on the remaining number of days on your subscription from the time of approval of your refund upon cancellation of your meal prep.
- Fuel-Up by Kcal has the right to store personal information, which may be used to operate, provide products and services and respond to any queries the client may have during and after the meal prep subscription.
- Please note that we do not store, sell, share, rent or lease any personally identifiable information or debit/credit card details to third parties.
- The website policies and terms & conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet UAE laws and regulations. Customers are encouraged to visit these sections frequently and familiarize themselves with the changes and updates. All modifications are effective on the day they are posted.
DISPUTES AND WEBSITE TERMS
- We reserve the right to refuse registration or cancel an account at any time.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited from registering as a User of this website and are not allowed to transact or use the website.
- United Arab Emirates is our country of domicile.
- This website is owned and managed by Kcal Healthy Fast-Food DMCC.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the UAE.
- Prices, product inventories and electronic purchase orders can be viewed and made upon registering your details on the website.
- You are responsible for using the website privately and securely. We will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by any unauthorized account access as a result of your actions, such as not logging out of your account or sharing your account password.
- Please contact us at [email protected].
- Our address: Floor 15, Tower X2, Cluster X, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai, UAE, P.O. Box 391150
- Landline Number: 800 383 587
Individual results, amount, and time duration will vary from person to person. I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the above terms and Conditions by signing up.