You don’t have to be a bodybuilder or even particularly concerned with your physical appearance to understand the importance of muscle for your general health.
A healthy diet and regular exercise are essential if you want to build lean muscle. While it’s important to push your body through exercise, without the right nutritional support, your progress will stall.
What are the top 5 foods to help with muscle growth?
- Whole Eggs: They are an excellent post-workout food source since they include all 9 essential amino acids and are high in quality protein.
- Lean Meat: Because they are so high in protein, they are widely regarded as a must-have for muscular growth.
- Greek Yoghurt: Because it contains a combination of fast and slow digesting proteins, eating it before bed or after an exercise may be beneficial.
- Cottage Cheese: One cup of low-fat cottage cheese has 28 grams of protein, including a significant amount of the essential amino acid leucine, which helps build muscle.
- Fish: Next to its high protein content, fish contains high amount the omega-3 fatty acids that are helpful in the process of muscle gain.